Pinterest is many things, but “candy-ass” is not a term that applies to the virtual pinboard.
Pinterest drives four times more money per click than Twitter and 27% more than Facebook. This is just one of the valuable insights highlighted by an infographic from Quick Sprout.
Some useful stats on the current Pinterest-verse:
- There are 70,000,000 total Pinterest users, of which 56,000,00 (80%) are women.
- 500,000 businesses have accounts on Pinterest.
- The average time spent on Pinterest per month is 98 minutes.
- Referrals from Pinterest have gone up by 66.5% in the last 12 months.
- Fashion drives the maximum content engagement (82%) followed by automotive (75%) and electronics (53%). Not necessarily what one might have assumed.
- Buyers referred from Pinterest are 10% more likely to buy something as opposed to other social networks.
A few tips on what to consider for maximum Pinterest impact:
Businesses should focus on what to pin
- Adding a price, increases likes by 36%.
- Call-to-action increased engagement by 80%.
- Tutorials and guide pins resulted in a 42% higher click through rate.
- Pins related to trending topics increased click through rate by as much as 94%.
The color of your pins matters
- Images with multiple dominant colors have 300% more repins.
- Red, brown, orange images have 200% more repins than blue images.
Time your pins perfectly
- The best time to pin is 2 pm – 4 pm EST and 8 pm – 1 am EST.
- To increase engagement on your board, participate actively on other’s boards.
- Repin or like other people’s pins.
- Acknowledge the people who repin your pins.
Add Follow button on your Pinterest page
- Add the Pinterest follow button prominently on your website and blog to divert visitors to your Pinterest page. You can use the widget builder page on Pinterest or create your own button in sync with your branding.
Add the Profile widget on your Pinterest page
- Add the profile widget on your website to lead visitors to your Pinterest page. The profile widget can display up to 30 of your latest pins.