The soothsaying oracles at Mashable tell us that no one listens on Twitter.
In fact , only 23% of tweets solicit replies and a mere 6% get retweeted. Some kinda “conversation” eh?
Here are 7 possible reasons that no one responds to, or retweets your tweets:
- What are we supposed to say when you tweet that you “love Mom’s cooking.” Are we REALLY supposed to care?
- You tweet all sorts of cheesy inspirational quotes. This is more likely to elicit a punch in the nose than a retweet.
- Twitpics of your latest pair of socks are of no interest to us.
- We cannot figure out how to respond when you tell us, via Foursquare, that you’re “at the Fuckandshuck Oyster Bar and use the hashtag #foodporn”
- You are not a member of a Tea Party Republican chapter (don’t laugh, those nutjobs are a tight-knit bunch of freaks)
- You follow no one and are not @KanyeWest, or @britishmonarchy – time to get over that ego
- You run the official Twitter account for BP
Have a great day!
BTW – I am praying you’ll retweet the nonsense that I write 🙂