You know about the type of headline I am referring to above.
I write ’em. You write ’em.
There supposed to be hooky/linkbaity/make you wanna click through to see shit kinda headlines.
They’re REALLY popular these days on the ol interwebs.
But I am getting frikkin tired of them.
Here, to be a part of the problem and not the solution, are 6 things I hate this type of headline:
- Though I ain’t no grammar Nazi, it sort of bothers me that everything now beings with a number and not a capital letter.
- I used to like puns in my headlines. They’re dying thanks to this new thang.
- This type of headline usually means a post is written in list format (like this piece of junk is).
- The above mentioned lists are reductive and usually full of bullshit, trite advice.
- This type of headline is indicative of the collective decline of attention spans (an orgy in which I am a VERY active participant, sadly).
- I thought about writing this post and when it came time to write a headline, my stupid brain – infected by the interweb devils – could not even come up with an old skool headline.
Have a great day friends!