I have no kids. I’d like to change that, but it’s a process.
No doubt, any kid(s) I might have will be tethered to electronic devices even more than I. Kinda scary.
I’m pretty sure the child will view my gen as dinosaurs (or at least CroMagnons). At a minimum they’ll be bemused by my sentimentality for kitschy days gone by.
Here are 7 things my unborn child will wonder about my version of the “Digital Age”:
- What is an “attention span” and how come Dad keeps saying it went the way of the Dodo bird?
- Were they that fucken excited? Why did they put exclamation marks after every sentence they wrote anywhere!
- How come, in Dad’s era, every nerd wanted to dress down and run a tech startup?
- It sounds as though they were quite sure that Steve Jobs was the reincarnation of a bunch of deities
- How could anyone have thought Twitter was good for anything besides reporting on the overthrow of despots?
- Who were these Kardashian people, and why were they all over the internet?
- Why were they so amazed by the volume of free porn on the web?